Friday, September 26, 2008

Autumn Has Arrived

The light has changed. The air is different. As a child, this was my favorite time of year because it meant school would start again. As an adult, I planned my wedding for September because we wanted to honeymoon in Maine while the leaves were changing color. [Our anniversary was last week. We were sleeping in bunk beds at my mom's house, so we need to make plans for a suitable celebration of our 31 years of marriage.]

This autumn may hold change for me. I have an interview next Wednesday, the first interview I've had in many months. I am excited about the possibilities of this job, the one I was told I was qualified for when the part-time position I wanted was already filled. This week I found myself thinking about meal-planning, and I stocked up on pasta and sauce just in case I suddenly find myself employed.

Once I heard about the interview, I called the shop owner in Portland who expressed interest in carrying IntiMats®. Based on the two conversations I've had with this young woman, I like her. I told her when I would be in town, and she said she probably wouldn't remember that I was coming but to come on by. She said she didn't have a calendar in front of her, but she didn't have that much going on. I hope we can work out an arrangement because I'd like to get to know her better.

Hunkering down. Finishing up projects. It looks like I may get most of the outside painting finished before the snow flies. What was I thinking when I thought I could do that work in a matter of weeks? It's been months.

Today I'm taking the car my son drives into the shop because the headlights have taken to working intermittently. Next week I have an appointment for my car because the oil pan has sprung a leak.

Yeah, I really need to get all of this stuff taken care of in case I go back to work....

3 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Best of luck on your interview next week.

Yes, autumn is in the air.

Happy Anniversary, by the way. I'll celebrate #31 in December; that's a long time and something to be proud of accomplishing with your partner!

Anonymous said...

It's my favorite time of year, too ... mellow and golden and just right for thinking about cookbooks and soup recipes for cooler weather ahead.... Good luck with your interview!

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time for you. I hope you get the job.