Friday, January 27, 2012

Red

Red is not usually the first word that comes to mind when you think about January in Maine. This year is different. The geranium that I brought inside for the winter has chosen this month to bloom again ~
And for the first time in my life I have painted my toenails red. Don't look too closely because this is seriously my first attempt ~

The color name is "Sharon" and is from the most beautiful box of color, a Christmas gift from my daughter ~

I am choosing to take this as a sign that this will be colorful year ~

7 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

You have pretty toes :)
Always paint your toes.

Joanne said...

Sharon, you rebel! Red rocks, and I think this year will have a happy beat with your happy feet :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

January is an awesome month to flaunt the colour red. You go, Girl!

MMH said...

Love the red toes. Love that this shade of red is called Sharon. May be a harbinger of things to com ein 2012?

teri said...

I only paint my toes in the summer- something I started in my late 40's. It makes me smile. It was 65 degrees here today and I was barefoot on my deck with my niece eating a Popsicle! It may be time to get out the nail polish. Colorful is fun!

mermaid said...

Red, the color of blood, of love, of life. May it be yours this year and always.

Pretty toenails!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- you have beautiful feet! My feet look horrible in the winter, and I cannot imagine taking a photo of them now. Love your polish, love your spunk, Sharon!!