Thursday, December 2, 2021

Now December

 The second half of November was a welcome family-centered two weeks. 

My older granddaughter celebrated her sixth birthday with friends in a zoom cooking activity where they made cupcakes. We were the lucky guests to Maggie's birthday dinner on the exact day, complete with streamers, colorfully wrapped gifts, her favorite foods, and happy chatter. I had fun making doll quilts to match the quilt we started together last summer and a matching pillow case ~ I am delighted she appreciates fabric as much as her mother and I.

The next week my younger grandson had his first birthday. His party was postponed but we had a video chat and sang happy birthday. I couldn't wait to hug him and his parents ~ making it through the first year is an achievement and worthy of celebration.

And celebrate we did over the four days of the Thanksgiving weekend. My sons live in the Boston area just four miles from each other so we easily visited back and forth. My older son and his wife hosted dinner on Thursday; we each contributed favorite dishes which made for a delicious dinner and tasty leftovers. Friday we celebrated Wyatt's birthday with his other grandparents, and Saturday the cousins came over for lunch and cupcakes. We topped off the weekend with the Patriots game and a beef brisket my older son has perfected. It really was the perfect holiday weekend.

Now we're home. The house is quiet and the days are long. I have time to work on anything I want to, when what I really want is to spend time with my grandchildren. I will see Maggie next week and family in Massachusetts later this month. It's good to have that to look forward to.

1 comment:

Yellow Shoes said...

We were very lucky also to see our whole family over Christmas and spend a few nights together.
We realise just how lucky we are.
A lady from my old home village in Ireland still hasn't met her grandson in Western Australia yet in spite of his upcoming 2nd birthday.