Saturday, November 30, 2013

30 Days Hath November

Thank you for the suggestions to help my back pain.  I am trying everything.  I have a massage scheduled for next Friday, and  I would like to walk in in an upright position.  I don't like to arrive in a state of crisis because that does not set the stage for relaxing body work.

Posting every day this month has been a successful experiment.  It has not been laborious.  In fact, it has been something to anticipate, plan for, and enjoy doing.  I didn't expect that, which is a better outcome than the other way round.

My entire life I have tried to not take up too much room.  I don't want to get in the way, be an imposition, or ask too much of anyone.  During the past year my massage therapist has said to me more than once, "Sharon, you can ask for what you need." 

New goal:  allow myself to take up space.

I will be here more regularly.  I doubt it will be every day, but it will be more than once a week.

December starts tomorrow.  I will end this year in better shape than when it started.  I really can't ask for more than that ~ 

5 comments:

Pienosole said...

Yes! Hope your pain and discomfort soon go away. Wishing you a joyful December...

Helen said...

I've enjoyed your daily posts and will look for you here whenever time permits!

In the meantime, remind yourself daily that you can - and should - ask for what you need. It's not too late in life to change and allow yourself to take up the space you need.

Carolynn Anctil said...

I received the best advice from my brother a few years ago: "Use your voice." It's harder to do at first than it sounds, yet it's so important. Looking forward to spending a few days in December with you.

RURAL said...

Ack to the back, hope that it gets better soon, bad time of year for it to be like that.

I've noticed a change in your "voice" lately, and it's wonderful to read your posts. You have a way of writing about life that makes me look forward to seeing your posts show up each time.

Jen



Balisha said...

I've enjoyed your more frequent posts. It gives us a little peak into your life and how you live it. I hope you can get some relief with your back pain...so you can enjoy your holidays.
Balisha