Saturday, November 23, 2013

Casting On

To cast out is to throw with force.

To cast about is to make a search.

To cast off is to set loose.

It's time to cast off my new scarf.  The colors were hard to capture.  I like this photo the best ~
It's not a perfect scarf, which makes it the perfect first project as I pick up knitting again.  It's soft and stretchy and will feel warm against my skin, which is really all a scarf is required to do.  I like that I bought the yarn on Martha's Vineyard and finished the knitting in the month of thanksgiving.

Today I cast on my next project.  To cast on is to begin anew.  That's what's special about knitting ~ there is always the chance to begin again.

4 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

You make me envious this early morning:) Something I always wanted to do in my lifetime
and never did.
Maybe I can find an instructor...
It is beautiful
and all of your sharing lately sounds
so peaceful.
I am happy for you :)

Balisha said...

Such pretty colors in your scarf. Good job! I have several projects in my knitting bag to finish this winter. I am a "simple knitter" nothing too complicated anymore. I like to knit and not have to count rows and follow difficult patterns.I have done big afghans and by the end, I am having to push myself to finish. Little projects are best for me...that way I finish them.
Wondering what your next project will be?
Balisha

A note to Ernestine....There are several knitting youtubes where you can pick up the basics. Do you have a Michael's near you? They teach knitting.

Carolynn Anctil said...

So pretty! I really should pick up my knitting needles again. *sigh*

RURAL said...

I love handmade items that have a great history. Just think every time you wear it, it will remind you of the wonderful time you had there.

It's beautiful.

Jen