Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Boosted

I got my booster yesterday. I feel okay, which is a relief after the reaction I had after the 2nd shot of Moderna in April. The booster was Pfizer but whether or not that made a difference I don't know. I was planning to write this post last night but was so tired I went to bed earlier than usual. I took it fairly easy today and think tomorrow will be back to normal.

The last year and a half has been all about health, wellness, and prevention. There was no question we would get the COVID vaccine in the spring. We've kept up with dental cleanings. I have always been lukewarm about mammograms and was going to put it off yet again last winter, until my daughter-in-law shared that her mother's breast cancer was found early in a mammogram. I scheduled mine and was given the all clear. I know two quilters who are dealing with issues found on mammograms and send them both healing thoughts. They caught it early, and the outlook is positive.

We never know, do we? Last Saturday marked the 16th anniversary of the death of a dear friend. There are days I still miss her and wish I could call to catch up. Once in a while she shows up in my dreams, which I always welcome because she was always up for an adventure. 

I hope this finds all of you well and boosted, or planning to be ~

1 comment:

Linda P. said...

Congratulations for getting the all clear after your mammo. I sit here typing, 31 years after my diagnosis with the premenopausal dominant-gene breast cancer that hit so many in my mother's family and that took her life on her 45th birthday. I was 40 when diagnosed, and it was so early that it's only because of my family's history--Mom and I, Mom's sister and her daughter, and Mom's brother's daughter--that I had bilateral mastectomies. My younger sister, already going for biopsy after biopsy, made the same choice prophylactically. We're still both here, enjoying our retirements and grandma days, due to early diagnosis.