Monday, November 1, 2021

First of November

 It has been exactly three months since I posted. I didn't plan to be away so long. I have constructed dozens of posts in my head but that's as far as I got. This past weekend I made the decision to post every day in November. 

This blog started as a place to connect with other women and evolved into a written record of my life. There have been ups and downs along the way, and writing here was a way to process and keep track of thoughts and events. I spend a lot of time considering how what I share will be perceived by others. Posts are edited with goals of honesty and clarity without pulling others' personal details into the story, and in the last five years it has gotten increasingly difficult to do that.

I would like to find my way back. After all, my word for the year is restore. I don't want things to be as they were, if that would even be possible. I want to feel good about where I am now and hopeful about the future.

I don't know if I can make this work. I have decided that it's worth the effort to try. I anticipate false starts and changes in direction. As I type that I realize that that is what the last thirteen years have been. 

See you tomorrow ~  

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Sharon,
It's so good to see you back on the blog. I have missed your writings and reflections. I too have those ups and downs with writing... thoughts come and intentions are good --but action delays. I read a great quote about not fearing what you write..because you worry about others. Tell your story. We are hear and wanting to learn....

Also -- I am walking my way to better health and mindset. I was doing great all summer but in the fall, I became consumed with other people and their drama -- so I got off track but here it is Nov and I am back to it again.
I hope you and I can check in with each other on a regular basis and keep each other in check