Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saving Time?

I remember how the time changes with the phrase "spring forward, fall back." I have never been able to remember which one is Daylight Saving Time, but I hear that DST is ending tonight. Whatever it's called, I enjoy the extra hour of sleep.

We marked the event with a new dishwasher, though not by choice. I was preparing to do my due diligence in cleaning the filter and screen in the bottom of the dish washing machine. My husband had most of it apart when he moved the hose to the drain out of the way and it disintegrated in his hand. He reached down to see if he could gather the rest of it to replace and it came out in pieces. Let the online research begin!

As you may have heard, there are some items that are hard to get right now. Appliances are on that list. It turned out the online rating mattered not as much as availability. I trekked over the Lowe's, during the ghost hours of late afternoon, and asked what they had in stock. I came home to check that the one white model they had wasn't on any "must avoid" lists and decided that we better get it while they still had it.

It took a bit of jockeying and adjusting, but we currently have a new dishwasher installed and operational. Our fifteen-year-old model sounded like a helicopter taking off from the roof, while the new one is so quiet we can't tell if it's running or not. Turns out there is a light on the front that goes out when the wash cycle is finished, which takes more than twice as long as the old machine.

There will be an adjustment period.... 

2 comments:

Yellow Shoes said...

delighted to se you're back.
Always an interesting post from you.

Sharon said...

Thank you, Anne. It's always good to hear from you.