Sunday, March 15, 2009

Reid State Park in March

Late last week Ken suggested we take a trip to the ocean. We couldn't remember the last time we visited Reid State Park. While Popham has miles of beach to walk, Reid has a shorter beach with enormous outcroppings of rock at each end. It was the perfect destination, less than an hour from home, for a sunny Saturday in mid-March. We arrived before noon and started walking, into the wind, toward a stand of trees about a mile down the beach ~

Once there, I looked back to see Ken checking out driftwood ~

Beyond the rocks, the ocean continued forever ~
I sat on a large piece of driftwood to enjoy the view ~

The waves crashed on the rocks below ~

We walked back down the beach and found that the rocks at the other end had places so well shaded that there were still patches of snow ~
Fresh air, sunshine, the sea, and a walk on the beach with my husband.... What more could I ask for on a late-winter day?

8 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Hi; I was waiting for to post on the beach walk! Great photos. And, I can't say it enough; I love your new hair color!

Joanne said...

Beautiful photos, I can feel the calming effect just looking at them. We live about 45 minutes from Long Island Sound, and often make the drive to just "be" with the sea. It's a perfect way to spend a day.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

You could ask for nothing more. What a lovely day and thank you for sharing it with us. Beautiful here too, though our big water is still ice covered. Lots of people out enjoying 50 degree temps. Lots of bikers. Love your photo too. You look so happy and like a new you. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. We had more snow today and a water main break at the end of the street. I am so ready for spring.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics. The one with the sun sparkling off the water ("the ocean continued forever") especially captured my imagination.

Anonymous said...

I love Reid State Park! What a great day it sounds like, how invigorating! You look great! Thanks for the photos and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

The sea is timeless, as your photos remind us. So beautiful and inspiring. And hey, you look great with your new hair, standing with a big smile on the beach. Are you enjoying it?

Anonymous said...

Your photos may me nostalgic for my hometown in Massachusetts. And I did a double-take when I saw your pic in front. Nice 'do!