Friday, June 11, 2010

Going Gray, Again

My hair is back to its natural gray. I had it cut extremely short in November, which took off most of the color. Three months later I had it cut short again, and since then I have just been letting it grow. This past week I returned to my stylist of many years and asked her what she thought of the length. She liked it and gave me layers so I can keep it longer. This is the longest I've had my hair, sans color, in many years. I like it. Surprisingly, I like it better now that the color is natural again ~
Maybe that's because I like myself better now, too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a cute cut that is flattering for you, I love the length --gives it a bit of movement.
Good for you for going with the natural state of things. I, will keep the hair color business going since you've gone ;)

Peace~
Dawn

Cindy said...

If I had your gorgeous color and your wonderful cheekbones, I'd do this in a hot minute. You look fabulous, my dear!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Looks great! It's all about YOU and being happy. And I love your self-observation: that you like your SELF better now. Hooooooray!

CaShThoMa said...

You look great, Sharon!

Joanne said...

Sharon, the cut looks great longer. My daughters have convinced me to grow my hair longer than I'd been wearing it too. I've jumped on the bandwagon :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

Very smart & chic. Although, it's the smile that really sets the whole look off to perfection.

xoxo
Carolynn

helen said...

Bravo--love the hair style and natural look! And kudos for spiritual growth and liking yourself. The 50's have many positives.