Monday, April 11, 2011

Bright Spots

There is so much turmoil in the world right now that I want to focus on two bright spots for just a moment. The space that I have been watching so closely rewarded me with a blooming crocus this weekend ~ While another spot near the garage was dappled with lavender ~

It was one year ago today that I was introduced to Mazulah, the dog my daughter adopted from a shelter in Mississippi. When you adopt a dog, much less a dog you've never met, you take your chances in what their personality will be. We never could have known what a sweet, gentle, loving pet Mazulah would turn out to be. My daughter and I took her for a long walk on Saturday so she would settle down and let us visit on the porch [she has her own bowl, blanket, toys, and treats for when she comes to visit] ~


We've learned to tire her out so she will let us sit and talk. Mazulah was a tired puppy ~

Thank goodness for life's bright spots ~

5 comments:

Helen said...

As I sit watching the sun begin to peek over the mountain range, I heartily agree with you~thank goodness for bright spots among life's turmoil. We should all take time each day to appreciate the bright spots in our surroundings. They are many...if we take the time to look.

Joanne said...

Flowers and a pretty pup ... Bright spots indeed. Thanks for the Spring smiles :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

I went out onto my balcony this past weekend and noticed, from a pile of discard pots, several bright green stalks determinedly pushing their way up from the old soil. I think they might be miniature daffodils. I don't remember.

Mazulah is a gorgeous girl! So beautiful, inside and out. I can tell.

teri said...

Yes watch for the spots that lift us up and let us breathe. Sending more moments like these. What a sweet looking dog!

Laura said...

thank goodness indeed. Our first crocuses blossomed yesterday morning...photos will be posted soon!!! What a darling dog...my sweet Ellie is napping beside me as I write.
xo