Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Few Days Away

This week I took a few days to stay with Ken while he worked in Hanover, NH. It's the first time I've ever done that. It was fitting because this week marks the week that 25 years ago he started working for his company. We celebrated with dinner at Molly's, home of the most delicious $2 margarita I will ever drink ~

Tuesday I had the day to shop in this college town, starting with a cup of coffee at the Dirt Cowboy Cafe. The used bookstore next door was closed unfortunately ~


There were plenty of other places to stop into ~


One storefront attempted to add a bit of spring color ~


To an otherwise winter-like day ~


Tuesday evening we drove to Quechee Gorge in Vermont, a dramatic result of glacial movement through these mountains a long time ago ~



With a dam at the upper end to control the flow of water ~


We had brick-oven pizza that night; those doors are ten feet tall ~



It felt good to be some place else for a couple days. Life at home stays pretty much the same.

7 comments:

mermaid said...

I love your stories. I feel like I am reading a book with pictures, and am right there with you. It is nice to be away from home for a few days. I'm glad you had fun, and thnak you for the healing wind!

Cynthia said...

The photos throughout your post were so beautiful and added to the feel of peaceful discovery visiting a new town always brings me and that I felt through your words. The gorge photo, and just the idea of a gorge, inspires awe. Our planet is mysterious and precious.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had fun! Hanover is pretty cool. Wish the weather had been better. I bet Ken was happy to have you there!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Your photo's amd sharing made me smile.
Would love a short time away like this.

Helen said...

Always nice to have a break from the norm and your trip sounds relaxing and refreshing. Thanks for sharing the photos...think I'll put Hanover on my "to visit" list!

Laura said...

so fun to see you in a few places that are familiar to me:-)

Carolynn Anctil said...

It's always good to get a change of scenery, even if it's just a few blocks down a street I've never explored before.