Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

I interrupt real life to bring you this message: the first round of photos from West Coast Trip 2012 will be posted tomorrow. I just posted 26 photos on FaceBook, a teaser for those of you who visit me there. I don't plan to duplicate pics, though there are a couple that are my favorites that will show up twice, because I have plenty to choose from. In this space there will be posts for California, Oregon, and Washington.

There has been a delay due to daily life.

Things keep breaking.

I no sooner bought a new dehumidifier than our stereo speakers went on the fritz. I selected new ones online, an excellent deal on Newegg, but the UPS delivery yesterday was of a computer and printer, not speakers. I called Newegg right away and learned that I had to get those items, with labels they would email to me, to a UPS center to send back before my speakers would be sent to me. This morning the labels had still not arrived, so I put in another call to Newegg...and the packages went out this afternoon from a mailing store 25 miles away.

In the meantime I gathered my courage to start up my laptop. Or I tried to. My laptop died. Yikes! This morning I took it right into the ComDoctor, a local shop that has been in business for many years, and they said it would take a couple days to transfer data to Ken's laptop. Fortunately they got to it right away and I drove the 20 miles back, with fingers crossed that the transfer worked.

There were no guarantees and at first I wasn't sure what I'd find. Everything from my laptop was in one file on the desktop. It took a bit of searching, and I found my documents, although I couldn't open them. We never activated Office 2010 on Ken's laptop! Thankfully I saved all the paperwork, found the product key, went through the steps and now have a working laptop. Shhh. Don't tell Ken. He's out of town this week.

The laundry is finally all caught up, everything ironed or folded and put away. Mail has been sorted, bills are current, and appointments have been made. The travel journal is almost complete. Now for the photos....

See you tomorrow ~

3 comments:

teri said...

You are on a roll ...I won' t tell Ken.

starrlife said...

Do I have you on Facebook ma'am? :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

Yikes! I'm still stuck on the computer dying.