Monday, January 18, 2016

Not

I did not win Powerball. I can honestly say I was disappointed. There were winners, regular people like me who bought tickets because at some point someone, or more than one someone, was going to win the jackpot. I thought, "Why not me?" Well, not this time but I will try again.

I did not get the job I interviewed for ten days ago. I was grateful to get the call because it meant that someone looked at my application and thought it was worth giving me a look-see. The interview was thorough; they were as interested in what I am currently doing in certain situations as they were in what I would do in the position they need to fill. I felt good about my answers but obviously I was not the best candidate. I will keep applying.

We have not had a snow day yet this winter. Snow has arrived overnight with time to clear the roads or the storms have waited for the weekend. I like snow days. They are gifts of time that are unexpected and much appreciated. I hope we don't go the whole winter without a snow day.

3 comments:

ellen abbott said...

well, like they tell me when my work doesn't get juried into a competition, doesn't mean the work (you) wasn't good, it is just the juror's (interviewer) opinion.we're having a very mild winter and I don't mind at all.

cindy said...

I didn't win powerball either:) Sorry about the job. Their loss. When I was teaching I lived for snow days!!

Linda P. said...

Good luck with future job searches this year. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy lots of visits with that new granddaughter!