Thursday, November 3, 2016

Now November

Days are long. I start most weekdays by 5 a.m. and  forge ahead for 17-18 hours. I am now sure that I will never get caught up at work. Ken asked me early one morning as I sat working at the computer if it was worth it. I said I didn't know.

I am taking it one day at a time.

Like last year, sewing has saved me. October was right up there with the toughest months of 2015. Through it all I kept sewing. A few minutes here, an hour there...and it adds up. I was able to finish 61 blocks of sixteen 2 1/2 inch squares. I like that that comes to 976 squares, a nice round number.

I started over a year ago cutting those small squares from any pieces I had on hand that would give me a square that size. I made piles loosely organized by color family. Then late summer I laid out some blocks and liked what I saw and started sewing them together. I don't have a final layout but I've had fun considering the possibilities~



My word for the year is "trust." The word chose me. I thought it meant to help me focus on trusting the universe and accepting what happens. I learned early in October that it meant to remind me of something else, too...to trust myself. I am grateful to learn that I still do.

2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

it has never turned out well for me when I have ignored my instincts over words spoken.

Helen said...

Mountainous paperwork - ugh; joy of teaching and realizing educational progress - priceless. "Is it worth it?"; time will tell. One thing I'm sure of is that you are putting forth your best effort. And then going above and beyond.

Your 2.5" squares are coming together nicely. We all need a calming outlet and blending and stitching colors is clearly yours.