Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Hunkered Down

I talked with all my kids and grandkids for Mother's Day, which was the next best present I could have been given. The best present would have been visits in person but that is a ways off.

It's not that I haven't been planning a trip. I can't wait to get to Boston and have been hoping against hope that I could go this summer.

But after chatting with family in that area and reading all the updated stats and guidelines, I don't know when I will be able to go. It could be months.

Phone calls and video chats will need to be enough. 

The good news is that we are all healthy. Those who are employed are mostly working from home and following the safest protocols when they do go into work. 

My cupboards are stocked, and I have recipes to try. I have fabric and patterns. I go from project to project so it takes awhile to finish any one thing. There is always something to do.

It's a strange time.   

2 comments:

MsGraysea said...

Hi Sharon.....I just enjoyed a little stop by your blog to see how you are faring in ME. Loved your story of using the shopping service. It has been very much the same here on the Cape. Because I am considered "at risk" I have been staying home with my grandson and took o the role of teacher, talk about CREATE! It is going fairly well, and repeating some of 5th grade isn't bad at all for me. Glad to know you are OK, and quilting. With all the free time, I took out my pile of unfinished projects, and have accomplished quite a bit and done some other things, too. This is not all bad, although, the lost lives are hitting closer and closer to home. Sad.
I love how you turned CREATE around and may it continue to evolve with you, and I know the visits with the grandchildren will be even more wonderful when they can finally happen.

I got Covid-19 in early Feb while in FL for 3 months with my daughter. Worst cough ever.
Take care.....Marcia

Yellow Shoes said...

Life in the UK is very uncertain; the new Covid cases keep coming and the daily deaths still sadden us all. I can’t imagine anybody will ever again want to take a cruise or allow an elderly relative to move into a care facility. On the bright side friends and family are usIng all sorts of ways to keep in touch and help each another.