Thursday, November 11, 2021

Restructuring

I saw my osteopath today. On the drive there I took inventory of how my body is doing, to consider what to say when she asked how I'm doing. The word reorganizing came to mind; tonight the word restructuring surfaced. The words are synonyms, as are rearrangement and shift and upheaval (all of which I'm feeling). I like the word restructuring because I can picture building anew the elements that support the whole system.

It feels like my physical body is finding a different way to be. From my ankle turning to my knee locking up to my wrist feeling sore to my back cramping ~ body parts are transitioning as is my thinking. Is one in response to another, or is there a coordinated effort?  

My feelings about situations and relationships are changing, too. I am gentler with myself and others. I wonder about capacity for empathy and willingness to change. I question how two people can manage perceptions and priorities when they don't share the same. 

I still have more questions than answers. Part of what is changing is being okay with that and learning to be patient while I wait. 

I am encouraged when I look around the house and see the reorganizing I have done over the last eighteen months. There is less stuff and more room, a vivid example of how restructuring can be a good thing. I remind myself to look around, take a deep breath, and believe that I am making progress in many ways.

2 comments:

Yellow Shoes said...

Covid has allowed people the time to reassess just about everything.
I know several people who are planning to downsize now rather than a vague "sometime in the future" as we all realise the future is no longer a definite.

cindy said...

Sharon, as Anne said, Covid has a lot of us rethinking and then re-doing. I am not a clutter lover. My husband used to have piles everywhere. We have figured out that we need to accommodate both our needs. He has two extra closets and keeps most of the tools and glue and things in there. Also one is so small it is just for golf clubs. Then he has a table next to his favorite chair and I never look at it. It is a mess of papers, vitamins, ointments (I had to give it a quick look just now) and piles of paperwork. I am looking forward to a little more room and a lot less clutter. xo