Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night

I have been waiting for this night for eight years - long, sad, difficult years. At times I have been moved to tears as I watched the current administration roll over the laws, values, and integrity of our country. Who would have thought that so few could destroy so much in such a short period of time?

I feel hopeful for the first time in eight years. I have hope for my future and the future of my children. I feel hopeful for our country and the world. I see peace ahead, and financial stability, and new solutions, and finding a way to work together.

Right now I feel like anything is possible. And that feels good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny because I just wrote almost the same thing before I read yours! Echo! Ditto! Woooo Hoooo!

jd881 said...

I've cried tears of joy and hope.

Anonymous said...

Well said. Amen. Let's move forward!