Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back Online

My desktop is back online. [The problem was McAfee, which has been removed from this computer and I will have removed from my laptop as well. My smart children have been telling me forever to use Microsoft's anti-virus but I was slow to listen.]

The first thing I want to do is visit blogs and leave comments. If I don't get to yours this morning, I will be by this evening.

I now realize that I cannot be someone who lives only with a laptop. I miss sitting at a keyboard and viewing a full-sized monitor.

My routine is to check in with email, facebook, and blogs throughout the day. Our desktop is in the center of the house, so it's easy to take a moment to check in. My phone hardly rings during the day, so technology is my connection.

I am back in the stream of connection just in time.

I am slipping into the place where I question the decisions I have made that brought me to this "middle of nowhere" place once again, not that I can go back or that I would do anything differently if I could.

It's all my own doing, moving from job to job and going back to school again and again. I chuckle when I compile transcripts for applications because I only send those for completed degrees ~ I leave out the two business classes I took in 2001 and the 13 credits I earned when I started a doctoral program in 2002 before I decided that I didn't want to be an administrator in a school or school system.

I am floating, waiting, listening and watching for a sign of what to do next.

In the meantime I submit applications, cook good things to eat, clean and declutter rooms and closets, finish sewing projects and start new ones.

Back to "start" I go, an all too familiar place that holds something new every time.

6 comments:

cindy said...

Hi Sharon, I've been wondering if you were going to apply to teach again this year. Hope you find something wonderful soon. I have my "publish novels" project so am taking another year off. At least:)

Helen said...

Glad to hear you are connected again! I miss your posts when they are less frequent though probably not as much as you miss all the hands and hearts you touch when you're able to be online daily.

As you are floating and waiting, enjoy your home, family, and projects. And laugh a lot every day; it's the sunshine of life.

Carolynn Anctil said...

It sounds like you have a positive outlook and are remaining open to the myriad of possibilities that the Universe will provide for you to choose from. Bon Chance!

mermaid said...

Sharon, it has been a great honor checking in from time to time and hearing about your journey. Everything you have done you have done with such loving attention and inspiration. In the end, I'm not sure how many people can say the same.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Proud of you...
I have to have my computer desk.
It is my contact with family, friends and information.
Do not watch television and my phone seldom rings either :)

teri said...

If I tell you that this is ok, will I have to tell myself the same thing?