Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Timber Frame: Wood Siding And Metal Roof

This past weekend Ken finished the metal roof on the timber frame.  I asked him if he was going to take down the scaffolding so I could take pictures.  He said yes.  Sunday night the scaffolding was still in place.  I asked why, and he said he didn't know I meant I wanted it down right away.  He went out in the dark and took it down.  It's a good thing good communication isn't always a prerequisite for a good marriage.  Here's the progress to date on the timber frame ~
Ken built extensions to the rafters so there could be eaves
He attached planks with clamps so he could safely climb the roof
Here Ken is almost finished with lumber on the roof
The tarp tied over the roof made it hard to get photos for awhile
Windows went in after the siding went on
There's even a window in the back
The metal roof was finished October 19
Four windows provide plenty of natural light
The next job is to build doors, and Ken has plans for those.  Then we will build a garden bench and start moving in gardening supplies and outdoor tools.  Work is on schedule to be finished before winter arrives, which means there will be room for me to park my car in the garage before the snow flies, and that's a good thing.

7 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

can I be envious :)
always
wanted one
and at the moment
I realize
all that is here
in the woods
is all I need :)

Balisha said...

I've wanted a shed forever. You have a beautiful little building there. Like Ernestine...can I be envious?
Balisha

RURAL said...

That is such a beautifully crafted building...can you imagine, it's going to be standing for generations.

Love the colors of the wood, and I am looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for doors.

Jen

Anonymous said...

You're up? And I'll bet it smells so good.

Helen said...

Finished product before winter -- garage parking for the Subaru -- garden supplies all in one place. Bravo! Well done!

Carolynn Anctil said...

What a fabulous work of art! Well done, you guys.

Don't even get me started on communication with my husband. There are times when I wonder if we even speak the same language and it drives me to distraction.

Laura said...

My husband is gifted in many wonderful ways, but construction of a building is not one of them. I am so impressed!