Monday, October 28, 2013

Still Blooming

I watched Game 5 of the World Series tonight.  I was home alone cheering on the Red Sox, who won 3-1 over the Cardinals, which puts us up three games to two.  The next game is Wednesday in Boston.  The Red Sox have had a very good year.

The flowers in the barrels at the edge of my driveway have had a good year, too.  They apparently have not received the memo that autumn has arrived and colder temperatures are on the way.  I can see the flowers from the treadmill.  I took more photos today because I can't believe there's still so much color ~
I just realized that the same green, orange, pink, and yellow are the colors in the napkins and tablecloths I am making, pinning up the hems while I watch baseball.  It became obvious during the last round of company that I need more table linens.  Once these flowers are finished I will enjoy the color scheme inside.

There's progress to report on the Harmony Quilt.  The back is together, pieces coming together better than I expected they would.  I have a general idea of the fabric I want to use when I start a quilt, and the size and shape of the pieces, but beyond that I arrange and rearrange the pieces as I go to produce the final creation.  I need to see how the colors and shapes fit together before I can see the big picture.  I will have photos to share soon.

With my daughter's help I have managed to transfer my bookmarks from iGoogle, which will be no more November 1, to the desktop computer.  Tonight I started researching how to move those bookmarks from one computer to another.  I don't think it will be hard once I know what to do.  I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to technology.  With each success, I feel emboldened.

Maybe that's the secret to confidence ~ try more, have more success, feel more confident. 

5 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

Funny, with the return of white outside I've been craving bright colours inside. Pinks and oranges have been my choice of late. The arrival of winter means I have no more excuses - I'm going to have to dust off our treadmill.

RURAL said...

I've noticed that the flowers in my garden perked up a lot with the cooler weather also. And then...the frost came around, that wasn't a nice thing for it to do.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Excellent advice -- I'll keep it in mind today. And lovely color combo; let us see the linens when you're finished.

cindy said...

I'm a technophob myself:) But help is just a google search away, and that's how I've found out how to do lots of stuff involving computers. I am not a fan, but I think it was Detroit (my town) against Boston (your team)? Anyway, my husband muttered last night that "Tigers had a better team and played better." when they showed Red Sox coverage. I don't see why Detroit didn't win if my dear heart's opinions are correct, lol. We visited Fenway once. I may not be a fan but my husband has enough sports fan for both of us:)

cindy said...

Oh and yes, would love photos of the linens as well as quilt:)