Friday, October 9, 2015

Studio Space

I brought order to my studio, aka sewing/guest room, in early September so I could take photos.  I thought I might take a few more pictures but the room has been pressed into service since I got it organized and realized its potential.  It's time for the reveal~
Ken crafted this thread shelf

Stacks of squares and possibilities

Sewing corner with work table & design wall

Natural light from the north & west, with room to spread out
The room is not large by any standard, but I have room to move and plenty of surfaces to use.  It's a pleasant space, whether I'm sewing or updating photo albums or generating ideas.  There's lots of dreaming goin' on~ 

5 comments:

Helen said...

Well done! The colors on your design wall are bright and happy and make the room pop. At the same time, the wall color is warm and calm and the natural light is a definite plus.

Everyone should have a personal space where they can "be." A place for silent contemplation or reading or being creative. May you enjoy many peaceful hours in your studio. Look forward to posts about creations and inspirations as they develop.

Deb said...

What a wonderful creative space Sharon, so light and beautifully organized, thanks for sharing your pictures. Deb

Anonymous said...

“There is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”
― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own

cindy said...

Love that room! So colorful and full of possibilities yet to be sewn up:))

teri said...

Look at that sewing room!!! Fantastic- I am going to need you to tell Ken what a great job he did with the thread shelf - I love it. I am really glad you have brought your creative space to life - I hope you get to use it a lot!! - I think we were having all our tests on the same day. _ I hope the aorta thing is just nothing at all. Sending lots of love!! Teri