Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November Update

I drove home in the dark last night.  I stopped on the way to vote.  I was tired and almost didn't, but someone I know was on the ballot for select board.  I know what that feels like and wanted to lend my support.  Parking was easy, and I was quickly in and out.  I was in favor of all three referendum questions, and they passed, so I felt a part of that.

I was getting home later than usual because I had an appointment with the osteopath after work, my third visit in a month.  She's doing some heavy duty work to get my body figured out.  During the second visit she noted that my aorta was palpable.  She advised me to ask my primary care physician to schedule an ultrasound of my aorta.  I had a physical planned for later that week, and my primary care doctor agreed that I should have an ultrasound.

It came up again at yesterday's appointment.  The doctor mentioned she saw my aorta pulsing.  She felt my wrist and said my pulse was bounding.  She said it could be normal for me, so we'll see what the test shows. 

Next Tuesday morning I have enough tests scheduled every half hour to hold me for awhile, starting at 7:00 with the ultrasound and continuing with a mammogram, bone scan, and fasting blood work.  The last three are routine.  I've promised myself a big breakfast to celebrate afterward, and I'm treating myself to a haircut in the afternoon.

I thought October would be the month to get myself in shape.  I am still working toward that goal, but I did accomplish something else....

I am now the proud owner of a smart phone.  I have been on my daughter's cell phone plan for years.  For months we have been talking about updating her phone and bringing my communication into the 21st century.  I didn't feel ready, but I don't know that I ever would on my own.  Each day I learn a bit more. I have sent and received a few texts.  This evening I added a few contacts.

I never know when I might want to call a friend ~

6 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Getting caught up with you. For UTI in early stage: D-Mannose from the Health food store and also a couple of Alka-Seltzers every few hours with ACV diluted. Can clear it up without the anti-b. I had one recently too, disbelief had me not treating it myself so doc put me on heavy dose of anti-bs. I hate being on them as I have a resistance to many strains.

Love your craft room, I recently scoured mine (knitter) and I am so pleased.

XO
WWW

Helen said...

FREEDOM
May all your testing appointments lead to the FREEDOM to breathe deeply and exhale a sigh of relief that all is well. The anticipation and waiting for results is difficult. Between now & Tuesday, stay busy and perhaps calm yourself with a project in your lovely studio.

Smart phone -- big step. I don't use all the capabilities of mine but am glad we made the change. I'm guessing you will eventually enjoy the FREEDOM of not being tethered to your home computer.

elli said...

Her',s hoping ALL of the tests show utterly boring perfectly normal results. Phew, that's a lot for one morning but at least it gets it all over and done with at once.

Smart phones, they are something else, eh? I miss rotary dials with the long coiling cord ...!

ellen abbott said...

how on earth can she see your aorta pulsing? and I still have my flip phone. it's not that I am technologically illiterate, it's just that I can hear better on my flip phone than my husbands iphone and I like it's small size. plus I don't feel the need to be connected all the time.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what an osteopath is, so will have to google that. Bones, perhaps? But I do know what a smartphone is, so contrats.

MsGraysea said...

Wishing you well today with all the tests you face. May they yield answers and calm for your body and soul.
You are in my thoughts!