Thursday, November 26, 2015

Giving Thanks

I am giving thanks for family. I am always glad when my son comes home from Boston, which he did last night. This year is special because we have a new member of the family, Maggie Louise, who was born just nine days ago. My daughter made a hat and sweater for the baby to wear home~

She didn't know if the baby was a girl or boy, so there was the decision to be made about a name.  Many were tried. Maggie fits just right~

Maggie spends most of her day eating and sleeping.  My daughter will sometimes catch her awake for a photo~

We are delivering Thanksgiving dinner to Maggie's house this year.  I think I'll go wake her up~

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Until further notice, I will be holding the baby~  

6 comments:

Helen said...

Happy birth day Maggie!
And a happy thanksgiving to all in Maine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love her name :)
enjoy this family time...

ellen abbott said...

Maggie is a good name. she is a sweet thing.

cindy said...

Maggie is a little sweetie! Wonderful to have a new baby around this time of year xo

Anonymous said...

I love her name, too. Maggie means your parents think you might be a farmer, or a teacher, or a scientist, a doctor, or an actress. Maggie fits almost any profession.

Wisewebwoman said...

All the best to you and new Maggie on Solstice and holidays.

XO
WWW