Monday, October 19, 2020

New Music Monday: Keeping Faith

Last month I happened upon the show Keeping Faith on Amazon Prime Video. The tagline reads:

Award-winning actress Eve Myles (Torchwood) stars in this BBC thriller as Faith Howells, a lawyer with a happy marriage until her husband suddenly disappears. As Faith becomes the police's prime suspect, her search for the truth leads her to the criminal underbelly of her quiet town.

It sounded promising and the two seasons were free for the month, so I started watching. I was hooked before the first episode was finished, on the show and the soundtrack. The story draws the viewer in, revealing the backstory bit by bit as the present-day drama moves the story forward. The acting is excellent; the plot is captivating and complicated. And the soundtrack is the perfect backdrop, beautiful and haunting. I enjoyed the music so much sometimes I would replay the intro to hear Faith's Song a second time before an episode started.

I would have watched the two seasons again but opted not to pay for Acorn TV at the time, though I am thinking it would be worth $5.99 a month this winter. There are several other worthy offerings on Acorn that I would enjoy.

In the meantime I managed to find the Keeping Faith soundtrack on CD, available from the UK. The singer/songwriter is Amy Wadge, who wrote, performed, and produced all the songs. It's a CD that I enjoy from beginning to end and then listen to again. She is amazing, and I have since ordered her self-named 2016 album that includes the Grammy-award winning song Thinking Out Loud.

I am going to share the lyrics to Faith's Song, since her character is the star of the series. Each song tells part of the story and is worth a listen in its own right. 

Faith's Song

Gave you all that you needed
You cut but I'm bleeding
And all of my strength that I gave to you
I loved completely
You lose then you leave me
And all of my hope
I left with you too
But I gave my heart whole I did
I gave my heart
And although it's lost
It is still beating
And I gave my whole soul I did
I gave my soul
And although I'm broken
I am still breathing
I will sleep through the moments
All the moments you've stolen
All for my love
I'll learn the truth
That I gave my heart whole I did
I gave my heart
And although it's lost
It is still beating
And I gave my whole soul I did
I gave my soul
And although I'm broken
I am still breathing

No comments: