Saturday, April 26, 2008

Blog Tutorial

Hello readers. If you are in Maine today, I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather. Ken and I have plans to take a walk later.

To those of you who have been reading my posts, thank you. I have heard from some of you through phone calls, emails, and conversations over lunch. If you are new to this blog, my story begins with A Fresh Start.

People have asked me how to leave a comment. Before I started this blog I had little experience with blogs, and I had never left a comment. I have done a practice run myself to see exactly what shows up when you click on "comments." You are taken to a screen where you write your comment, type in a secure set of letters that are on the screen, and decide how you want to be identified. You can remain anonymous if you want to, which means only your comment appears and not any identifying information. If you have a gmail account you can type in your username and password, which means people who read your comment can email you if they want. Or you can leave only your name or leave your ID open. Then you can preview your comment before you post it, and you can decide not to post it if you change your mind.

You can comment on any of my posts at any time. It is an advantage for me if you leave a comment because I started this blog to connect with women. I would like to have a place where we share our ideas. I feel somewhat isolated because many of my friends live "away" and we rarely see each other. I love a good conversation, and if I have to start connecting through cyberspace, so be it.

Please continue to keep in touch in any way that is comfortable for you. If you'd rather email or call, that works for me, too. It helps to know I am not on this journey alone.

No comments: