Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Last Three Rollers

Well, they're gone now. I just took the last three paint rollers out of the refrigerator. For over a year there have been rollers in the fridge, so many at one point that they took over an entire drawer. In the beginning it was a way to keep the rollers fresh and usable between coats of paint. I started keeping them beyond that in case I wanted to paint another coat at a future time. Then I kept two for the living room so I could touch up after the bookcases went in...and that project was finished in January.

It is time to move on. It is time to say enough - there are enough coats of paint on the walls and the work is good enough for now.

There is still painting to do. The laundry room and the railings around the deck need our attention this summer. The difference is that I don't need to keep everything at the ready for months before and after the work is done. There will always be painting to do.

The difference this April from last April is that I have other things to do, too. I don't need to escape into a paint can because I am anxious about the future or afraid to ask myself tough questions. A lot has changed in the last year. I predict more change in the year ahead.

No comments: