Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fourth Quarter

It was a fun weeekend. I have pictures! To share later. Tonight I am moving slowly. Today, like last Wednesday, I had a dozen student conferences between 3:15 and 6:30.

I enjoy conferences with the parents and families of students. I always have. That does not make them any less exhausting. Three hours of 15-minute conversations require that I am "on" my game and able to be honest, while positive, with people I have never met about younger people I have known for only six weeks. Classwork, grades, behavior, curriculum, and plans for the coming quarter are the topics covered.

All of this after a day of teaching, a meeting with administration about behavior issues, and planning lessons for tomorrow.

Fourth quarter has started. We are coming down the home stretch.

Next week is April break. Perfect timing.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Hope the week sails quickly (and smoothly) so you can have a break to enjoy spring and catch your breath!

Looking forward to trip report / photos.

teri said...

Sharon- My quilting group has 9 woman in it. There are 5 teachers and one principle in my group. Every month I listen to their stories and I am in awe. They flit between the world of children and adults... To me it would be like walking a tight rope. Teachers are top on my list of amazing people You are amazing my dear.

mermaid said...

I'm so proud of your dedication and commitment to them. Don't forget the promise of love to yourself!

Enjoy Spring Break.

Cindy's Coffeehouse said...

Sharon, have a great break. You deserve it!