Friday, April 6, 2012

Goin' On A Trip

It will be short trip, just the weekend, but a trip out of state nonetheless.

My daughter and I are going to Rhode Island to visit a friend. We have been trying to make this happen for two years, but schedules and neither one of us totally trusting our car has made it hard to make plans.

We both have the weekend off....

And my daughter has a new car. A brand new 2012 Sky Blue Subaru Outback. It's beautiful and I get to ride in it. The car had five miles on it when she bought it, her first brand new car. Heck it's her first car bought with less than 80,000 miles on it. This is her first car with the new car smell and every surface in mint condition.

Did I mention it's beautiful?

The weather is clear and dry. The roads will all be major highways. We have plans for lots of talking, good food, good music, and shopping.

I'm goin' on a trip, and I feel fine.

5 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Enjoy.....

Marie said...

What a nice respite. Enjoy.

teri said...

You and your daughter have a fantastic time... xoxo

Carolynn Anctil said...

Nice car, indeed. I used to sell Subaru's in a past life. They're very good quality vehicles, she made a good choice.

Have a great time and lots of fun together!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful time! Nothing like a road trip in a great car with a dear daughter ... and to visit an old friend. Heaven on wheels!