Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Midpoint

April break was wonderful. I enjoyed every minute. I painted ceilings, bought red dinner plates, cleaned every inch of my bedroom, went shopping with my daughter, watched hockey with Ken, cooked real dinners, went walking with a friend, stayed up late, made vacation plans for the summer, and relaxed.

Monday came too soon.

It has been hard to get up early to leave the house. The morning drive has been long.

Then today at lunch someone said something that made us all feel better ~ there are 35 student days left in the school year. That time includes two days of assessments for math and reading, a day at a ropes course, a day of community service, and at least another half day of special activities. We all agreed that we can do 35 more days.

Out of curiosity I went back through my planbook and counted how many days I have already worked. Today was number 35.

The midpoint. I didn't realize that I am halfway through.

That feels good.

6 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am so happy for you.
You sound pleased with life.
Happiness was around
the corner for you...

Carolynn Anctil said...

It sounds like you've settled in quite nicely. And, you were busy!

mermaid said...

I am so glad you are keeping a healthy pace and outlook on the journey. May the second half be more lovely than the first!

Laura said...

I have red dinner plates too! half-way...that's a good place to be.

teri said...

I am in envy of your red dinner plates- but I have no more room for new plates. I am thrilled to think you are now over half way through...( I am a delinquent commenter- life is crazy). Sending you hugs as you start a new week. xoxo teri

cindy said...

Glad you had a nice break. I'm interested in following this journey you are on, and am looking forward to how you feel about it after it ends.