Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Flowers

The May flowers from my daughter lasted until today. They were beautiful and all the more special because someone surprised her with them and then she surprised me. Her cats eat all things leafy ~


I started feeding my violet and it's blooming for the first time in eighteen months ~


Last year in my sewing room I enjoyed a "Live With Intention" calendar, artwork by Renee Locks. The paintings and inspirational sayings gave me such a lift that I started turning the pages again this year, until I decided to take the calendar apart and frame each painting so I can enjoy them all at once ~



The lighter artwork in that room matches my lightened mood. More than one person has commented on how good I seem to be doing these days; my massage therapist says she feels a fire in me that she hasn't felt in a long time. There is something about feeling productive, even if I'm not doing exactly what I want to be doing, that puts a bit of bounce in my step.


That ~ and it's May.

5 comments:

teri said...

You inspire me from a far my friend. You really do. xo

Carolynn Anctil said...

I'm so glad to hear you're on the upswing. Those calendar pages look lovely and that's a great way to enjoy them all over again.

mermaid said...

Here's to fire, flowers, and faith!

Happy Mother's Day!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love the pictures you framed.
I have been able to tall from your sharing that you are happier.
I smile when I read you sharing :)

Things that make me happy said...

Love the artwork and the flowers! Glad you are having a lovely spring, my friend.