Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day One Of Year Six

Five years ago I wrote my first post for this blog:

Spring arrives, a full moon appears, and Easter is celebrated - all within four days at the end of the snowiest winter many of us remember. It is a time of new beginnings and the perfect time for fresh ideas. 

Little has changed in the time since...
Yet nothing is the same....

Last month I told my massage therapist that the word "purpose" kept popping up.  I said I don't know my purpose, that I don't know what I'm doing.  She suggested that what I am doing is my purpose.

Five years ago I would not have made the observation, much less understood her response.

Last week during my massage we talked about the beliefs we have about ourselves, "our stories" in the words of Byron Katie, and who we are without our stories.  When I have a belief about my life the first question to ask: Is it true?  Depending on yes or no a series of questions follows.

I got off to a rocky start with Byron Katie.  Months ago I put her book down and haven't picked it up again.

Last week I thought I knew the answer to the first question I have about my life, but my answer leaves me with nowhere to go.

It's time to try again.

Now is a time of new beginnings and the perfect time for fresh ideas.

7 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

What a blessing that you have someone like this to go to and share. Can I be envious.
My word at this time of life
is "accept."

Carolynn Anctil said...

Life is a series of puzzling discoveries. I know that search for Purpose well, although in the last year or so, I think I've given up striving for answers and have just let each day unfold, bringing with it whatever it has for me to experience that day. I'm still moving toward the realization of my dream, but with less urgency. It feels much more relaxed and peaceful and I'm happier. You'll find your way.

Blessings,
Carolynn

Laura said...

how interesting that both of our blogs are 5 years young and you started yours on my birthday? Byron Katie's work is hard, and I think it takes a lot of practice to imagine new answers to old questions we've been responding to in the same way most of our lives. Still it is absolutely worth trying again and again. It is what this life is for I think, practice.

xoxo

teri said...

Day One of Year Six- sounds like the title of a poem. I have to look into that book of yours- I fear it sounds over my head though.

I had a wonderful massage today. We talked about how we sometimes get in our own way. It has been one of my ponderings lately.xo

cindy said...

Byron Katie amazes me. Her three questions and the turn-around keep me sane sometimes.

Pienosole said...

Yes, this is a time of new beginnings and renewal.
Wishing you all the best that spring offers.

mermaid said...

It's funny how much we mistrust ourselves. I spent a week in a rather challenging situation freaking out, forgetting that most of my insights come when I let go and remember to trust again.

May your purpose be more known than unknown to you.