Thursday, August 22, 2013

Low Tide

Yesterday afternoon I went to Popham Beach with a friend.  Storms in recent years have reconfigured the beach such that sand bars build up, and the shape of the seaside changes from year to year.  When we make plans to go to Popham we have to check for low tide or we will not be able to access large swaths of beach.  Low tide was at 6:00 p.m. yesterday, a gorgeous summer day, so the time was right for a trip~
The tide on its way out
Walking toward Fort Popham
This sand bar temporarily allows access to this island
The tide coming in on the walk back
I came home sandy and satisfied.  A day at the beach with a friend lifts my spirits ~

2 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

It looks like a lovely way to spend a summer evening.

Balisha said...

Just being by water is so calming. I would love a walk on the beach...I've done it many times in the past.
Enjoy your weekend.
How's the building progressing?
Balisha