Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Hug From The Ocean

My friend Ruby is home.  After two weeks in and out of the hospital, and two weeks at a rehabilitation facility, she called me last night to say she is not yet feeling her old self but she is delighted to be home.  She is hopeful recovery will continue in the comfort of familiar surroundings. 

Other friends are dealing with loss and tragedy.   My daughter and I have shared news from mutual friends, and she summed up my feelings when she wrote "Life is fleeting, and we really don't have control."

So I have decided to share photos from the weekend.  My son was home, and we made a trip to Camden.  If we go to Popham Beach to appreciate sand and Mother Nature's inclination to renovate the shoreline, we go to Camden Harbor to appreciate boats of all sizes and the beautiful views.  It was another beautiful day, and the hug from the ocean felt glorious.
View of the harbor at lunch
The ocean beyond the rooftops
A yacht anchored in the harbor
Boats of all shapes and sizes
View of the harbor from the park above

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to sit in one of those little boats right about now. What a lovely place.

RURAL said...

It looks like such a beautiful place to visit...

And your daughter is so right..it's fleeting.

Jen

Carolynn Anctil said...

I've been thinking a lot about the ocean and beaches lately. It's been hot, hot, hot here...I wonder if that's why.

Lovely spot. Glad to hear your friend is back home and on her way to a full recovery.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I miss the ocean
and enjoyed so much
your photos
plus your sharing about
your special friend.
Hopefully she feels better soon.

Helen said...

“I really don't know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it is because in addition to the fact that the sea changes and the light changes, and ships change, it is because we all came from the sea. And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it we are going back from whence we came.”

~ JFKennedy, Sep 1962

Balisha said...

Love seeing the ocean through your camera lens. It must be a wonderful thing to be able to live near enough to enjoy it in person. Have a nice eveing,
Balisha