Friday, November 1, 2013

Again With The Needles

I had an acupuncture appointment today.  It's been three years since my last visit.  The woman I see, Brett, welcomes me back each time and starts from wherever I am.  I told her I had hoped to feel better before I came to see her.  She smiled.  Maybe that's not the first time she's heard that.

I told her about my clogged sinuses and dry eyes and the tightness in my chest.  She nodded.  All are connected to my liver...blood...chi...something...something.  I really don't understand all of the biology.  Basically my liver is gummed up and I need help to get things moving again.  She put needles in my hands, feet, ankles, and right ear.  Then she covered me with a metallic space age blanket, and I rested for a half hour.  I felt a bit better after that.  I have some herbs to take and will return to see her in three weeks.

It is time to feel better.

I have been sad this year.  I have given up on where I thought my life was going and given into my feelings of sadness.  I have taken a long hard look at where I am.  I needed time to come to terms with the reality of my life, a good life but not the life I was working toward.  

It is time to accept what is.

Two weeks ago Kira at kiwords wrote a post about her wish to know how to be happy.  She wrote that she used to blog to capture her kids' childhood.  She has decided to blog now to recapture her own adulthood.  Her words have stayed with me.

My daughter posted today at her blog for the first time in four years.  She reminded me that this is NaBloPoMo, a month where bloggers commit to publish a post daily for thirty days.  I haven't ever made such a commitment...until now.  I've never thought I had that much to say, or that people would be that interested that they would stop by more than a few times a month.  This year I've gone for long periods of time without posting for a myriad of reasons. 

It is time for a change.

I have lots of thoughts rattling around in my head.  It's time to get them out into the open so I can bring some order to the chaos and make a plan.

See you tomorrow ~

4 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

I posted daily for a while several years back. It is definitely a commitment And I think it moved me forward, in all areas of my life.

You already know that here, in what I affectionately call Bloggerland, you are among friends. We're all here to support and encourage you on your journey or marathon run, whatever it may be for you, just know that we have your back.

You've already made the first most important step - you've let go of your Resistance to what is. That's bigger than you know.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,
Carolynn

Balisha said...

I post almost everyday. It gets to be a habit. I often don't have anything in mind, when I sit down at the computer, but as I sit here...thoughts come into my head. I know my posts aren't keeping everyone entertained, but that's not why I do it. I do it for me...it's something that I need to do. Sometimes just "putting things down"...brings answers to my problems.
I don't get many comments, but I know that many more are reading. If I can connect with just one person..it's enough for me. Maybe that person has similar problems and by reading gets the help they need.
Looking forward to your "everyday" posts.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love writing
and as I have shared with many
a way to connect with children and 5 grandchildren
Hopefully they know their grandmother a little better.
I am online very early
get an idea
and my fingers just take over.
But at the present
I am thinking
I have shared about all I know
and images do not need to be continually repeated...
I have made so many special
online friends that I have never met in person
and you are one of them...

Cindy La Ferle said...

I think writing daily, or at least as often as you can, is the best way to know yourself, and to know what makes you happy. Also, as I've aged, I have found that it's not possible for me to "remain" happy for a great length of time. I have resigned myself to the highs and lows to living, especially as I watch my mother dissolve into the hell of vascular dementia. I take the happy times when I can -- and savor them. Keep writing, Sharon!