Monday, August 25, 2014

Second Verse

There is a 2nd contract on my daughter's house.  People looked at it mid-week and made an offer the same day.  It took a bit of back and forth, and by the end of last week the papers were signed.  Their financing is already approved, so it might be that by the end of September everything will be settled.

I think the term is guarded optimism.

Ken pressed his over-sized van into service this weekend to move items too big for an Outback.  We were all exhausted Sunday evening but when we looked around it felt like the end is in sight.

I am officially back to work this week.  There are "professional days" Wednesday and Thursday.  Students return next Tuesday.  It feels odd not to be in my own classroom, making bulletin boards and organizing class lists and preparing lesson plans.  On the other hand, the parameters are clear and I will give 100% within those limits.  I welcome the chance for a new experience.

Second verses do not need to be the same as the first....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations are in order, all around, for the house, your optimism, the new job. Am very curious to hear about the job, so hope you write about it.

ellen abbott said...

good for your daughter. second verses should be different.

Deb said...

Sending positive thoughts that the deal on your daughter's home goes through without a hitch and good luck with your new job Sharon, enjoy the new song!

Carolynn Anctil said...

I second what Karin (Altadenahiker) said. :o) *High Five*

Jacqueline/375writersbank.wordpress.com said...

Best of luck in your new job. I look forward to hearing about it. I am starting my 30th year of teaching. Same school. It still feels "new" every year. Good luck to you and your daughter in her new home.

RURAL said...

When I come to your blog it's like sinking into a comfy chair with a book in my hand that I have been wanting to read for some time.

I hope that all goes to plan and everything works out well for your daughter.

I had no idea that you were a teacher? A new page, a new view...can't wait to read this book of yours.

Jen

MsGraysea said...

Hoping by now everything is safely locked in place and the move is complete. What a lot of work!!
May you love your new job and thrive!!