Thursday, July 9, 2015

Retreat In Northport

I made it to Northport, my destination on the coast of Maine.  What a gorgeous place.  I have driven on back roads in this area though not all the way to the ocean.  I knew where I was the first 45 miles but put all my faith in Google maps the last 15.  And I almost made it but stopped at a motel on Route 1 to make sure I knew where I was going.  I was just a mile away.

This is the dining room with a view of Islesboro in Penobscot Bay ~

It was a bit cloudy so I will get more photos tomorrow.  There were two tables beautifully set and  dinner was delicious.  There are ten of us here for the retreat, in addition to three leaders, and we had time to chat before, during, and after dinner.  Five attendees and the woman who organized the weekend are from Maine.  The other two leaders are from Ohio.  There are also participants from California, Florida, North Carolina, and Massachusetts.  We are a range of ages with a variety of experiences.  From our comments it sounds like we are all glad to be here though not exactly sure what to expect.  Tomorrow we make collages and the next day quilt squares.

My only sentence during my introduction was, "I am pushing myself out of my box this summer."  I wonder where I will wind up....

5 comments:

ellen abbott said...

once you venture forth from your box, all manner of directions will show up.

Anonymous said...

Way to get out of the box, Sharon. Looking forward to more photos and stories.

MsGraysea said...

SHARON, I am delighted for you being at what sounds like a most wonderful, inspiring and beautiful retreat. I adore Amy Butler and use a lot of her fabrics in my work. I also LOVE her husband's designs, too. If I'd known about this event, I'd have been there in a flash. Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing more photos, if you have a chance.

Deb said...

Sounds like a wonderful retreat Sharon, can't wait to see and hear more about it!

cindy said...

I got used to limited posts during school year and find I have a lot to catch up on with summer posts! You've been busy, and happily so. Very glad you found time for two retreats and one with your daughter. This place is lovely and so are your collages.