Monday, July 6, 2015

Unpacking

It's good to go away, and it's good to come home.  Then there's all the laundry, accumulated mail, sorting, and putting away that needs to be tended to.  This trip had an excellent element to the unpacking in the Fiesta!ware.  Some pieces are for me and some are for my daughter.  Look at the colors~

Ken picked out the sauceboat because it turns out he likes the color tangerine.  All the poppy pieces are for my daughter, as well as the red tray with handles and the medium sized bowls I now know are labeled "bistro."  The small bowls are my choice for berries, snacks, or ice cream.  Ken chose the bowls that have square bottoms; the red pitcher was my prize, although the oblong platter that is really a bread plate is fun, too.  The three pieces at the top of this second photo were special selections not bought as seconds~

Once the pieces were unpacked, washed, dried, and sorted as to who got what, I needed to make room in my cupboards.  Clearing out kitchen cupboards can be tiresome or fun, and in this case it was the latter.  I had to question why I am still hanging onto bowls we've had since the beginning but no longer use and how many drink glasses two people really need.  The goal has been to add color and usefulness, and our latest purchases accomplish both.

3 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I like to pick up the occasional odd piece I find at garages sales, estate sales, and the resale shops. nothing in my kitchen matches.

Carolynn Anctil said...

I'm crazy for colour these days! Love this. :o)

Helen said...

Love, love, love ALL the colors of Fiestaware. Reminds me of colors I saw at sunset in the Grand Canyon 20 years ago.

Your new pieces are happy colors and will be a wonderful reminder of a fun stop on your vacation. May they brighten the kitchen and make you smile. Enjoy!