Friday, August 5, 2016

Mid Summer

I checked the calendar today. We are at an important mid point, half of summer behind us and half still before us. Phew. Many people are talking about the waning days of this most pleasant season in Maine, and I really can't bear to think of it ending. I still have much to do before I launch into the next thing...more about that in a moment.

Ken and I have learned to plan our vacation earlier rather than later and took a road trip in mid July. We had so much fun in New York's wine country last summer that we returned this year, staying at the other end of Seneca Lake this time. We stayed three days instead of two and then drove to Pennsylvania to spend time with my dear friend of 40+ years. From food to trains to music it was an amazing trip. Here's a snapshot of our adventure~
The FLounge is a gift shop in Geneva, NY that serves sweet coffee drinks and delicious waffles

My grandson is enamored with trains so we made note of every one we saw

The Route 30 Diner in Lancaster, PA served all the best of home cooking

Verna's Fabrics was worth the drive to Mifflinburg, PA - that's Verna

Two happy Mainers on vacation with their friend from New Mexico

Food theme on steroids at Central Market in Lancaster, PA

Outside Central Market we were treated to a concert by students in a music camp
Before I left on vacation I worked diligently to rework my home filing system, take stock of all my sewing projects in various states of completion, review the contents and space in the house to seriously clear away the things someone else needs more than I do. I jumped back into my age-old job search with the knowledge that life would change drastically when I am successful....

I was and it will. More on that next post. In the meantime I know that I will always have time for sweet Maggie~

4 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I've still got the same job I've had for 40 years and I'm ready to do something else.

Anonymous said...

You sound like you're in a very good place. Or make that-- places. (PS: I'm goofy about trains, too.)

Wisewebwoman said...

Love trains. The Boy and I would get along well ☺. I've had so many visitors from Maine this year I've list track.
XO
WWW

Helen said...

Ahhh... those "lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer." Travel, family, friends, evaluating projects to be prepared for turning the calendar page around Labor Day. Enjoy the remainder of summer and all the opportunities and changes that present themselves.