Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blog Anniversary

*Note: Last week in a post titled Slips of Paper I mentioned five questions that I found in an article years ago in an "O" magazine. The questions ask about the relationship a job has to a desired way of life. I searched online for the reference for the questions, without luck, so I removed them from the post. Then I thought to email Oprah.com to ask if they knew when the article appeared. Sure enough, they did. The questions have been added to the post and you can read them here.

Today is the first day in my second year of blogging. My daughter helped me start this blog last year on March 23, Easter Sunday. The First Post was titled just that and was all of two sentences long. I had no idea how this blog would develop. I couldn't imagine what I would have to write about.

What a difference a year makes.

Through writing here, and reading the blogs of others, I have met women I never would have known otherwise. My world has expanded to include women of all ages and professions who are willing to share their lives and wisdom.

That has made all the difference in how I feel about this time of my life, still a time of transition but no longer a time where I feel alone, still a time of challenges but no longer a time of despair.

There is no way to know where I will be a year from now. The journey continues....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have run across a couple of other blogs lately celebrating/acknowledging their anniversaries. I haven't ever done that. I need to think about this.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy second year!It's going to be a great one!

Joanne said...

Happy Anniversary - May your continuing journey be inspiring, enlightening, exciting and fulfilling!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and Happy "Blog Birthday".

Anonymous said...

I miss it up there! I'm practically from Maine - the southeast corner of NH. We just needed to cross the Berwick Bridge, which was about five minutes from the house where I grew up, to be in Maine. The license plates there were a pretty even mix of the two states.

CaShThoMa said...

Yes, Happy Blog-o-versary!

Are you considering the Blogher conference at all?

I agree totally that blogging connects us to wonderful people we would otherwise never meet. Although....one of these days I'd like to visit Maine. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blog anniversary, Sharon. I know I am not alone when I say that I've so enjoyed getting to know you and reading your writings. This has been a wonderful way to build community with wise women at midlife, hasn't it? Also, I think I've mentioned this before, but Maine is one of my favorite states. I've visited a couple of times, and your lovely scenic photos and stories have been a great way to live vicariously.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to look back and see how far your blog has come in one year? Here's to another year of wise sharing! I enjoy and learn from your reflections.

Joanna Jenkins said...

TWO YEARS! Wow, that's like 127 in blog years! Congratulations!