Monday, March 30, 2009

Out Like A Wet Lamb

It looks like the last three days of March will be soggy. More rain today. I just heard thunder. It may reach 40 degrees.

None of my picks made it to the Final Four. I have a total of 70 points, the least of any member of our family in the bracket competition. I enjoy watching the games, regardless of who wins, because the players work so hard. Every team deserves to win. I wonder what it feels like to be able to play basketball that well.

I am scattered today. I got on the treadmill earlier and walked for 15 minutes; then I got impatient and took a break to do something else. I was moving but felt too unsettled to walk a half hour. I did return an hour later, and I picked up the pace to finish my two miles in under 30 minutes.

I have chores to finish here before I go to my daughter's house. I thought it would be fun to shake things up, so I offered to make dinner at her house tonight. She's been traveling for work, and I'd like to hear about her trip.

I am champing at the bit for a change in routine, for something to shift, for something to fall into place. I need to keep moving.

3 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

I "hear" your restless. Time of year? Stage of life? I feel the same.

Joanne said...

Enjoy the dinner with your daughter! I'll bet she's glad to have someone cook for her. Your thoughts on change are an interesting visual, pulling at the bit, moving forward. Wishing you interesting possibilities this week!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Sharon,
You just gave yourself a wonderful piece of advice: "Keep moving." Or as my friend (activist) Frances Moore Lappe would say, "Just move, do anything!" to shift the fear, the uncertainty, and any potential paralysis that might set in. I love her book, "Finding Courage in a Culture of Fear." It is profound, straightforward, practical and very loving. :-) It often reminds me of how to not let fear or worries rule my thoughts. Hugs to you today!