Friday, March 19, 2010

Bracket Time

If the calendar shows spring about to start, it must be time for college basketball at its best. March Madness is here.

Everyone in my family fills out a bracket. By all accounts this will be a year for upsets, so it's anybody's guess as to who will win it all. I have Duke going all the way, and Ken picked Villanova.

My strategy this year for filling out my bracket was to jot down the names of any teams that I heard anybody mention, from guests on "Charlie Rose" to politicians making jokes about a point spread. Then I have certain favorites, Maryland and Georgetown to name two. And I like to spread the love around and pick schools in as many different states as possible.

Basically this means I have no strategy at all. It's hit or miss. I could flip a coin or throw darts at a dartboard to choose my teams and have the same chance at picking the winners.

But that wouldn't be as much fun.

In our family of five I got the most points a few years ago. My husband and kids were stunned. Ken could not believe that I did better than he did. After all, what could I possibly know about college basketball?

That's what makes March Madness so much fun ~ there are always upsets.

It's a great reminder that the underdog will often surprise us.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I'll give you an inside tip. How about a vote for University of CT Ladies Huskies?

CaShThoMa said...

Go Zags!!!