Sunday, March 7, 2010

Do You Canoe?

Ken and I now have a canoe. My friend in town who moved to Boston has been feverishly cleaning out her house, which sold after being on the market for less than two weeks. We were lucky enough to inherit the canoe. Having a canoe is one of those things that Ken and I have talked about for years, and this one is a beauty. Twelve feet long and three feet wide, it barely fits on top of my car. It holds three people and is very stable in the water. There is a small motor that fits on the back and two oars that are more for keeping it on course than moving it forward. The canoe is called a "Discovery Sport," which I think is an apt description of what it will be for us.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

What a beautiful way to plan on spending random summer days ... "Life is but a dream."

Anonymous said...

We have tried canoeing and enjoyed it with friends in the past, though not recently. Our Wright house on the west side of the state is on a river, so I think we need to think about a canoe again ... thanks for the inspiration!

patti said...

SOOOO cool! What a wonderful tool for sharing your GORGEOUS land!!!

My hubby and I have canoed a few times over our life and REALLY enjoyed it. Sea kayaking was another story. The yin and the yang of our two-seater could never balanace. A bit scary when you're in the Pacific...

LOL.
Patti

helen said...

Will bring a smile to my husband's face when I share with him -- he loves to canoe.

Saw a newsclip today about a guy who is "skyaking" -- jumping from a plane in a kayak. We won't be reading a blog about "skynoeing", will we?!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Canoeing with your husband sounds oh, so romantic. I imagine many watery dreams will unfold before you. Also great soulful conversation between the two of you. Just lovely....Sail on. :-)