Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Need A Little Autumn

Some time ago my daughter gave me a few small pieces of fabric she thought I might like. She knows me well and knew I would find a way to use them. This year I wanted to bring the colors of autumn to our table, and I was craving green, too. I wanted the rush of color to be where I can see it all the time, and a tablecloth fits the bill ~

Then I combined her bit of apple fabric with remnants I had and cut up other scraps of yellow and green for the reverse side. It's missing something....

Ah, yes, flowers always add a finishing touch. Ken picked this bouquet up from the grocery store on his way home from work on Friday. It's the thought that counts ~

Colors of autumn, the time of year when living things go to seed to prepare for rebirth in the spring. Some say this season is really the beginning, a time to take stock and get ready for what comes next. I am in that place as this season gets underway.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

It's true, autumn does seem like a beginning, somehow. Maybe it has to do with the harvest, and that we are ready to begin enjoying all we've worked for.

CaShThoMa said...

I love autumn as well. I'm dreaming myself into these photographs; would love to "come over" today, sit at this lovely table, and enjoy a cup of tea and a piece of fruit pie around 4 PM. OK?

Laura said...

Oh Sharon, your handiwork is magnificent...and yes, beginnings...always beginning...a good place to be my friend.

teri said...

Pondering my comment to you... and there as word verification is the word "bless"- Now that works for me! Loving your autumn table.

Helen said...

Beautiful -- I can imagine the taste of sweet apples, the feel crisp air, and the sound of leaves rustling!

Were you able to view the harvest moon Wednesday evening...wow!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love your tablecloth. Need something like that here in the woods. Your words are meaningful. We continue on our journey - with new beginnings. Kind of exciting!!

Cindy said...

My favorite season. Like you, I bring out the darker colored decorating touches, but sadly, I can't sew, so no beautiful new tablecloth (unless I buy it).