Friday, March 25, 2011

I Am Here

I am still riding high on interview afterglow. This doesn't always happen, but in this case I really am glad I was asked to interview even if the opportunity for me goes no further than this.

I taught in a program at the same alternative high school six years ago. Today nothing is the same in that program ~ new director, teachers, program, curriculum, expectations, and goals. I was so excited to hear about all the changes and how well everything was going that I smiled during the entire meeting, which included the director of the entire school and staff from another program in the school which continues to be successful.

The job opening is for a position that hasn't been entirely created yet. There has been a need for a position such as this at the school since I was there all those years ago. The person hired will help define the job description over time because there are more changes coming for the school. Again, I was very excited! Two questions, asked more than once, were if I am able to travel and if I am flexible. Yes and yes.

The most surprising thing I heard myself say was that at this point in my life I don't want to walk on pins and needles, that I want to be able to be myself. I want to bring all that I am to the table to work with others and their strengths and weaknesses, too.

First interviews are this week and next. Then there will be follow-up interviews, so it will be three to four weeks before I know anything. I left the meeting delighted that I had been invited.

On the way home my mind was all over the place. I reminded myself that I was driving and needed to pay attention to what I was doing. I asked myself, "What do I really want?" Without hesitation the answer was, "I want the most qualified person to get that job so that the school can continue to flourish." I want the job, and I want to be the most qualified person, but if it's not meant for me I will be okay with that.

Then I said to the universe I am here. If this path is meant to be, I will take it. I am ready. A recent post of Laura's came to mind and I said Here I am. Present. Aware. Prepared.

I will wait and see what comes next.

5 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

A smile sent your way. Good thoughts :)

Laura said...

Sweetheart, I love your compassionate wish for the children at this school...I hope too that you will be chosen...but most of all I am so pleased that you were clear about wanting to be fully yourself...no matter what, that is the best offering you can give to the Universe, and to yourself.
xoxoxoxo
YOU ARE HERE...100%

mermaid said...

Your true colors (wanting what's best for the school and believing you can be the best) are just radiant here in California.

Shine, dear friend. Shine.

teri said...

I am glad to see that this interview went well- blessings- teri

Cindy's Coffeehouse said...

How calming and yet energizing to say to the universe, "Here I am." What a great way to center yourself.