Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Winter Returns

After a beautiful weekend, snow arrived yesterday afternoon. At first we thought it might just be flurries, but the large wet flakes coated trees and walkways into the night. This morning there are three and a half inches of fresh snow on the deck. We call it "poor man's fertilizer" because it's great for the bits of bare ground that have emerged from under the piles of winter white. We know it won't last long because warm days will return sooner rather than later.

It does cause a pause in our celebration of spring. Last year Ken took his first motorcycle ride on March 20. This year he wouldn't be able to get safely down our dirt road for the deep muddy ruts left as the ground begins to thaw.

I will stay put today because my all-wheel drive vehicle with studded tires is still in the shop for bumper repairs after last November's bumper thumper. There was enough damage to the rear bumper for it to be replaced, and it looked like the front just needed a new piece of bumper inserted ~ three days work, four tops. This is day six; as repairs got under way it was obvious that there was damage to the impact bar behind the front bumper, which put into motion another round of estimates and work that needs to be done.

As usual I have plenty to do here at home, paperwork and sewing and catching up on laundry that has gone unattended due to pre-emptive spring fever late last week. I do need to get organized before Friday because I have a job interview Friday morning.

A job interview. The call came yesterday afternoon, after I told my daughter earlier in the day that I had given up on hearing from the school where I applied one month ago. Two weeks ago a revised job description was posted, so I guessed that my qualifications did not fit what they wanted. I had already put my best foot forward, and stunned would best describe my reaction when I answered the phone.

There are interview slots all week so who knows how many people they plan to talk to. I have as many questions for them as they have for me so I look forward to a good conversation. I will just have to wait and see how it goes because in the meantime I have to get busy around here.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Sharon...this is very exciting...may you enter the interview with an open heart and mind. Anything is possible!!!!

Debra said...

It is all in the timing, isn't it? I am so glad that they called you and that you are going to get the chance to converse with them in person. Face to face connection is so much more meaningful. Looking forward to hearing how things go!

Best of luck!

hugs,
Deb

CaShThoMa said...

Best of luck on the job interview!

Helen said...

Mother Nature's last laugh before she allows spring to grace us in full force!

Perhaps after receiving the second round of applications, the school realized there was indeed an excellent candidate in the first batch. Positive wishes for Friday...Look forward to your thoughts post-interview.

Anne said...

Good luck on Friday! Enjoy the conversation, and what will be will be! I know you'll find the right situation, whatever it may be.

This snow's been slightly irritating to me... but at the same time, a nice little farewell to this winter. I think maybe... just maybe... we've now seen the last of it.
:)