Tuesday, October 2, 2012

None Of That Mattered

The rejection letter came in today's mail.  It is possibly the shortest turn-around time in my interviewing history, which is long and varied, between the interview and the "no." 

Dear Interview Committee:  If you already know who you plan to hire, please inform the unknowing interviewee in advance that you will be wasting her time and energy when she gets dressed up, arranges her day to avoid traffic delays to arrive early, thinks seriously before she answers your questions, and processes what you've said before she constructs meaningful questions for your benefit.  Maybe you enjoy the game, but I'm here to tell you that she doesn't.

I think I'll feel better after I go shred some papers.  

4 comments:

Helen said...

Definitely the school's loss--I can totally envision you doing that job with stellar success.

Shred paper, paint, garden, clean, do laundry...get through the week and wait for the next opportunity.

Don't you just wish you could hit "SEND" and email the Dear Interview Committee letter?!

Marie said...

Yeah....

mermaid said...

Ouch. That sounds painful. I agree with Helen. Their loss.

teri said...

I am just so sad for you. Sad because I know how hard you have tried, how open to new ideas you have been, how actively you have pursued a job. Really, if they already knew they are wasting time and money.