Friday, September 6, 2013

Timber Frame: Roof Rafters

A cool clear start to the day brought the timber framers to the yard at 6:30 this morning.  By 10:30 their work was done.  We have a finished timber frame!
Putting on the finishing touches
Mark at the peak
A sprig of hemlock is good luck
Timber frame instructors, Mark and Ken
The crew: Ken, Pete, my Ken, Mark, and Gus
Finished Timber Frame
At home amidst the trees
In relation to the house
Ken has already started working on the next step; the lumber on the truck is to close in the top of the structure to provide a base for a metal roof.  Stay tuned ~

9 comments:

teri said...

I LOVE the group shot - it is just classic. They really have done a great job!

RURAL said...

Beautiful...and all of the crew can tune into your blog to see how it's coming along.

Great idea.

Jen

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love it
Wish I had one :)

Balisha said...

What a great job they did. We watched This Old House this weekend and they were doing some timber framing in a house.
What a neat location for this little building.
Balisha

Helen said...

Sooo glad the weather cooperated for the framing completion. The building looks great! May good weather days and available time coincide in the coming months so work can progress.

Carolynn Anctil said...

That's really coming along. Maybe they can swing by our place once they're done over there. *wink*

Anonymous said...

I think I had dibs on them first, Carolynn.

cindy said...

I missed so many posts! But I'm caught up now and impressed with the progress on the "shed." I was hoping for a gazebo:) Gorgeous pics of the ocean make me long to visit my boys.

mermaid said...

I've been gone for a while. Lovely teamwork.