Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vineyard Haven

On Sunday my daughter and I drove to Cape Cod, where we took a ferry from the town of Woods Hole.  We traveled south to Vineyard Haven, a town on the island of Martha's Vineyard.  My daughter has been here before to visit friends, but this is my first trip to this gem of an island off the coast of Massachusetts.  My daughter was wise to plan the trip, and I was smart to accept her invitation.

My daughter and I are having a wonderful time.  We never tire of seeing the ocean or watching ferries come and go.  Yesterday we visited towns in one direction, and tomorrow we are driving to the other side of the island.  I have more photos to post once I'm home.  For now I will share two moments from today ~
Harbor in Vineyard Haven
Sunset from the Mansion House Cupola

5 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

What a wonderful memory in years to come are trips with your daughter :)

cindy said...

Ah, looks lovely. And bet it feels lovely to have this trip with your daughter.

Carolynn Anctil said...

There is nothing so beautiful as a marina filled with sailboats bobbing on the water.

I've always had a romantic image of Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard. I would love to visit there someday.

Blessings,
Carolynn

Balisha said...

Oh, how beautiful. Enjoy these trips with your daughter. So special.
Balisha

RURAL said...

Time spent with someone you love, in a beautiful place, and the ocean lapping at the beach..priceless.

Jen