Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Week With The Grand Sun

My visit has been perfect ~ the weather, the walking, and the time with my daughter-in-law and grandson.  We had the chance to visit three tasting rooms last week-end; two of the wineries are fairly new and the wine was good.  Kenneth drank milk, but he still had a good time~

Sunday we walked to the library and its used bookstore.  I picked up several books I've had my eye on, with the bonus that the proceeds benefit the library.  Monday was a fussy day for the baby, lots of eating and burping and bouncing to keep him happy - probably a sign he's going through a growth spurt.  Tuesday we had dinner at Claudia's parents' house, always a good chance to catch up.  Wednesday we made the trip to the Legion of Honor Museum in San Francisco and learned a bit about Matisse.  It was Kenneth's first foray into the art world, though he slept through most of it.  Today we will take a walk downtown to enjoy a brunch of pancakes, the best I've had in a long time and want to enjoy again before I go.  I will mail my books home and soak up as much sunshine as possible before I fly home tonight, back to fresh snow and cold temps.  It has been a glorious week.  I'm going to miss this little guy more than ever~

6 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

What a happy little guy! I'm glad you had a good visit. Safe Travels!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Happiness is
"you"

Balisha said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time...Have a safe trip home...Balisha

MsGraysea said...

Such a happy photo ending your lovely post, Sharon. A happy baby, and grandmother....I know that feeling well! How wonderful that you took Kenneth to such beautiful places, and pancakes sound so yummy. Also, what a great idea for a library to have a "bookstore" especially in these days when so many libraries are struggling fiscally.

Pienosole said...

A beautiful photo! He really is a beautiful little boy who looks like he's loving life and the moment!

tracey said...

How wonderful! I'm so happy you got to spend time with him! Babies are such a joy...he looks like he has your eyes, too.

I've enjoyed your writing for while, but haven't commented before. One day I Googled about how I was feeling, and on the result list was a link to your blog. I can identify with your outlook on things, and I just know you're a good person with a caring heart.

Thanks for sharing! You're helping people!